dr nicola gates
psychologist & clinical neuropsychologist
Dr Nicola Gates PhD is a registered clinical neuropsychologist and health researcher with over 25 years experience working with adults. Brain and Mind Psychology is a private clinic in Sydney’s CBD for individual clients combining the latest neuroscience and medical evidence with psychological practices into individual mental wellbeing programs to promote brain, mind, and body health.
Dr Nicola Gates holds registrations as a Psychologist, Medicare Provider, Workers’ Compensation Provider, Psychologist Supervisor, and Trainer in Psychology Supervision.
Brain and Mind Psychology providing experience, expertise and evidence based practice, make a referral
FOR INDIVIDUALS: PSYCHOLOGY SERVICES
- Cognitive assessment (also described as psychometric or neuropsychological), for diagnoses, rehabilitation, medico-legal and insurance purposes
- Focused Psychological Therapies consistent with Medicare MHCP
- Menopause management to survive the brain, mood, and body changes of the menopause transition
- Brain Health progams to manage memory difficulties, cognitive deterioration, and slow / reduce dementia risk
- Mindful Living programs to address lifestyle issues of stress, poor work-life balance, and poor health-habits that prevent optimal mental and physical health
FOR PSYCHOLOGISTS: SUPERVISION
Dr Nicola Gates is an AHPRA PsyBA approved and registered supervisor. She uses reflective practice, coaching and positive psychology frameworks to facilitate professional development. She is also an approved Trainer in Psychological Supervision with CSS and will be providing a Master Class in Supervision for Clinical Neuropsychologists and those performing neuropsychological assessments.
FOR HEALTH PRACTITIONERS: REFERRAL
Dr Nicola Gates is a registered psychologist and provider with Medicare and Workcover. Referrals are accepted from GPs, psychiatrists, medical specialists and other health practitioners. Referrals can be made by simply completing the referral form- make a referral. Dr Gates can also provide supervision to other professionals registered with AHPRA.