psychologist, author, speaker
the clinician giving you A brain for life
Dr Nicola Gates is a registered health professional, speaker, author and researcher with over 20 years experience working with adults to improve their brain health, cognitive function, and mental wellbeing. She combines neuroscience with positive psychology and mindfulness, translating complicated research and science in a clear and dynamic communication style with practical application. Her passion and enthusiasm for health promotion and mental and physical well-being comes through inspiring and motivating behaviour change. Her priority is building cognitive resilience and brain health to reduce risk of the 4 ‘D’s’ in life – depression, disease, dementia and disability. She is author of ‘A brain for Life’, published by ABC Books Australia.
Dr Nicola Gates has consulted to Federal and State organisations including Sydney Water, Ausgrid, Commonwealth Rehabilitation Service and Commonwealth Employment Service, TfNSW, NSW Trust and Guardian and Sydney Council, and private organisations such as Deloitte, BUPA, Genworth, and Integria. She has also worked with hundreds of individuals from all professional backgrounds.
- Psychologist with over 20 years’ clinical experience in hospital, community and corporate settings
- Consultant to government services and organisations and private corporations
- Speaker at corporate forums, academic conferences and public health campaigns
- Author in print media, academic publications, and guest on radio and television as the ‘brain expert’
- Researcher with UNSW and Cochrane, and member of the editorial board of Neuropsychology Review
- BA Hons Psychology
- MPhil Psychology
- MA Clinical Neuropsychology
- PhD UNSW School of Psychiatry
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Coaching Psychology Certification
- Certified Trainer of Supervisors for Psychologists
- TAFE Certificate IV Training and Assessment Dip VET
Choose a registered practitioner for ethical evidence based service.
Testimonials are not permitted by registered health practitioners within Australia according to the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).